School Supplies Shopping
It’s my favorite time of year – school supplies sales! I just love the bins and bins full of pencils, crayons, erasers, pens, post-it notes, composition notebooks, binders and other things that we consider ‘essentials’ for starting school.
You might wonder if, since we’re not in school-school, we may needs school supplies. Well, I’ll tell ya… just like any other school-child, my kids go through plenty of paper, pencils, binders and notebooks. We use some of the same things, but different things as well. Since we lapbook, we use file folders by the box. We also use a ton of construction paper and glue. Pencils probably top ever student’s supply list, and notebooking in our house only can go in composition notebooks, so we go through several each year. Pocket/brad folders also are prime real estate around here.
So, on my list was:
- pocket/brad folders (22 @ $.15 each; = $6.60)
- page protectors (1 pkg of 50 = $3.79)
- glue ( 5 – Elmer’s school glue; $.52 =$2.60)
- post-it notes (4 @ $1.00 = $4.00)
- colored pencils (2 @ .75 ea = $1.50)
- dry-erase markers (pack with 6 black & 4 colored = $5.00)
- snap cases
- construction paper (heavy weight) (2 @ 3.99 = $7.98)
- pencils (2 packs of Ticonderoga @$3.99 ea = $7.98)
- clear slick contact paper
- loose-leaf paper (reinforced; wide-ruled = $2.00 per pack)
- composition notebooks (5 for $3.00)
- packing tape (clear)
- page dividers $4 @ $1.00 ea, = $4.00)
- page dividers w/ pockets (1 pkg. @ $2.29)
- 2″ binders (2 @ $3.50 each = $7.00)
- mechanical pencils (pkg. of =$3.79)
- BIC sharpwriter mechanical pencils (pkg of =$2.74)
- crayons (4 @ .50 ea. = $2.00)
There are still some things left to get, and some things I will need more of (like page protectors… they should make those in packs of 500, not 50), so I will be heading back to the store sooner or later, but for now, we’re good to go!
What about you? Hitting the sales, or minimalist homeschoolers?