Authentic Parenting has a feature called the ‘Sunday Surf’ in which she recommends some of the awesome blogs she’s read this week. I thought that was a pretty good idea, especially since my blogroll is getting longer every week.
- Child Central Station explores caterpillars and finds missing ones in chrysalis, wallpapers the kitchen with pictures of food in a must-see collage and gives us some awesome ideas on what can be done with old, dried out markers.
- One Inch World has the cutest felted food tutorials. My favorites are the ravioli and tomato. My boys have a little wooden kitchen that my dad built for them (though they’re getting a tad too old for it now, I think) and this would be a lovely addition. Plus, crafting fun for mom!
- Creekside Learning recently made a fantastic little chore chart that I’m in the process of making for my kids. It’s cute and easy and employs two of my favorite things: laminated material and velcro dots, lol.
- I’m always interested in seeing how other homeschooling moms process information and make decisions. Lost Persons Homeschool has several really good posts that do just that.
- Homeschooling a Texas Tornado & a Toddler Tag Along is my new friend Jana’s blog. I met Jana through the SecularHomeschool.com forums and have really enjoyed reading what she has to say. As a long-term homeschooling mom, she has quite the insight to the everyday fantastic of the learning at home lifestyle.
- Quaint Scribbles’s post “When a Teacher Becomes a Homeschooler” is a very eye-opening post, especially if you have a non-traditional learner.
I hope that you find something interesting here, and I’d love recommendations, too. If you get a chance, be sure to check out the original Sunday Surf over at Authentic Parenting, too. Now, I am off to enjoy the rest of my evening. My Loverly Husband and I celebrate 11 years of wedded bliss today!